Blah blah blah

The mindless ramblings of a woman on the edge..... of something.....

Monday, March 06, 2006

Jogging made simple (HA!)

Want to make a speedy transition from walking to jogging...?

EASY...!! Just take your 6'1" husband along. His 34" legs on a *stroll* equate to my 31" legs in fast forward. I had to trot along side him just to keep up. He insisted that he was only "walking briskly". When I suggested that he walk 'less briskly' he simply laughed and said "C'mon, Kath. I thought you wanted to go for a walk, not a stroll?". My mind wanders back to my original concept for a blog "All Men Are B*stards!". I begin to regret asking him to join me.

We gallop along the peaceful country road covering the 3 miles in just 35 minutes. This has knocked nearly 10 minutes off my previous attempts. When we get back to the house, the dog spends 5 minutes with her head stuck in the water bowl lapping furiously while I do some light stretches noting that my hind quarters are now tingling.... and will, without a doubt, be sore in the morning.

Strangely enough, at this point all I can think is that one week of this and I'll be a size 8 - or in the hospital recovering from cardiac arrest.

Needless to say my darling husband wasn't even short of breath - Aargh!

And I do this all in the name of vanity..... oops, I mean sanity!

Oink oink,
Kath

3 Comments:

At 6/3/06 22:06, Blogger christina said...

I hear you! My husband is 6'4" and has 36" legs. I'm 5'5" and I can barely keep up with him when he's walking briskly. 3 miles in 35 minutes is fast!

As for your other post, we have an elliptical strider (I guess it's also called a cross-trainer? I'm not up on the fitness lingo) at home and we really like it

 
At 7/3/06 19:53, Blogger Kath said...

I am leaning more in that direction (the cross-trainer, that is). The Nordic-Trac machines are grossly expensive, although it seems they are a lifetime investment. The treadmills seem kinda boring where as the elliptical stiders offer a full body workout.
I've just re-read that last sentence. I sound like an infomercial.... Shoot me now!!!

 
At 9/3/06 07:53, Blogger christina said...

LOL! Maybe they'll let you be their spokesmodel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home