Blah blah blah

The mindless ramblings of a woman on the edge..... of something.....

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Recipe of the Month

The one thing (although I’m sure I could come up with a list as long as my arm) that I detest about diet recipes – particularly those found in women’s magazines – is the writers insistence that all you need to consume for your main meal is a portion of lean grilled chicken and steamed vegetables and you will: fit into that size 2 dress (size 2 is a children’s size, isn’t it?); lose 7 pounds in 7 seconds (c'mon – we’ve all tried it); meet the man of your dreams (Hmmmmm)…. and all that jazz!! Well I don’t know about the rest of you, but to me it sounds like the most tasteless, boring and unfulfilling meal EVER. It would certainly not entice me to continue along the path of healthy eating. By 8 pm (max) I’d be ready to rummage through every kitchen cabinet in search of a filler.
This has inspired me to seek out recipes that are both healthy and bursting with flavour. Here is one such recipe for beef curry with toasted spices.
I recommend using either left over roast beef or leg of lamb cut into bite size cubes. Delicious!!
Oink oink,
Kath

3 Comments:

At 29/11/05 00:31, Blogger G.C. PHILO said...

I don't like cooking and pretty much leave all of that to my girlfriend... but that looks like a nice plate of yum!

 
At 29/11/05 10:38, Blogger Kath said...

It is absolutely delicious - tell your girlfriend it's definitely worth a try.

 
At 3/12/05 19:46, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

Hey one little piggy:

I've made the curry recipe. I've been meaning to do it for weeks, but today I had an incentive. I've got this miserable cold, and needed something powerful enough to penetrate it.

It's great stuff! Especially with that Bombay Curry Powder that you brought me. I'm loving it, and will forward the recipe to my Indian friend Jai who also works for our common employer.

One question, though. Don't you find it ironic that this Indian recipe calls for...beef?

Oink, moo, baaa and glub-glub. I eat all of them.

Sal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home