Blah blah blah

The mindless ramblings of a woman on the edge..... of something.....

Friday, February 24, 2006

A half is better than nothing!

Anyone who has dieted (seriously) knows that the first few weeks will be the most successful, i.e. you will loose more than the recommended 1-2lbs per week. After that your body adjusts to your smaller portions or lack of carbs or removal of wheat (whatever you’re into) and the weight comes off slowly. This is a good sign and usually indicates that those pounds, even though they seem to take forever to come off, are gone for good.
It always amazes me that weight goes on much faster than it comes off. Must be a physics thing and I was never good at physics – in fact I’m not even sure I’ve spelled it correctly!
A few weeks into the start of my joining, I came home from a FPC meeting to be greeted by my husband who innocently asked how I’d done that week. In the previous weeks I had managed to shed a significant amount of poundage and was feeling very positive and even a little smug. When I replied that I’d lost a half-pound, my husband asked if I was disappointed. My look said more than words and he hastily retreated from the kitchen offering his congratulations while making a mental note to never ask such a stupid question again. Since then we have both come to realise that every ounce is precious to me, particularly if it’s in the right direction. Even if you are told that there’s no change from the previous week that’s still something to be proud of. I’ve experienced three week spells where my weight stayed the same but my consolation was that I hadn’t gained anything back. So, why beat myself up? Let’s face it – years of unhealthy eating cannot be rectified in one month.
The purpose of this post is to remind all Fatty Piggy’s to never feel bad if you ‘only’ loose a half-pound but feel good that you’ve succeeded in loosing yet another half-pound and you are that much closer to your target.

Oink oink,
Kath

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home