Blah blah blah

The mindless ramblings of a woman on the edge..... of something.....

Monday, November 07, 2005

Which one???

Nearly everything in life is measured and diets are no exception. Each diet has its own method of measurement, e.g. WeightWatchers® uses the POINTS® allowance whereas the G.I. Diet uses the Glycemic Index rating. There is also the dreaded body mass index (BMI) and various charts that plot your weight and height to determine if you are within healthy limits. Again, I refer to the fact that I am simply too short for my weight… I think I should be 6’1”.
If you are seriously thinking of changing your eating habits but can’t decide which diet is the right one for you; I came across this rather useful comparison that may lend a helping hand. I should point out that the comparison is slightly limited in its scope to probably the four most popular types, but it is worth a read as are the links embedded in each review.
Did you know that a study carried out by the Centre of Behavioural Medicine in Chicago in 1998 showed a direct correlation between successful weight loss and the monitoring of food intake? Conclusion; keep track of what you eat during the day – you may be unpleasantly surprised.
I discovered, after the first couple of weeks of tracking my daily intake of food, that I was (amongst other things) exceptionally careless at weekends - takeaway food, meeting the girls for coffee (which of course involves pastry) and visits to the pub being the biggest culprits. My findings were that I ate like a Fatty Piggy at weekends and I didn’t need a group of scientists to tell me that!
I have posted some links on this blogspot that I hope you will find useful and I would be grateful if you would send me links that you have also found informative (use the comments option below).
Oink oink…
Kath

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home